The Liu Group welcomes Randy Chou as a joint student with the Tsung Group to support our efforts in developing novel hydrogen storage materials.
• Dr. Richard Burford from the Piers group joins the Liu Research Group as a postdoctoral scholar. Welcome!
• Dr Peng Zhao rejoins the Liu Group at Boston College after completing his work at the University of Oregon. Welcome back!
Pictures of the Liu Lab have been posted in the Gallery.
• First-year students Katie Boknevitz and Cameron McConnell join the Liu Research Group. Welcome!
• Philipp Memmel joins the Liu lab as a visiting scholar from TU Clausthal, Germany. Welcome!
Andrew and Alec visited Deerfield Academy in an outreach effort to promote science in general and chemistry specifically among highschool students. We thank Dr. Ivory Hills for coordinating the day-long event and for the kind hospitality!
Gabe's B-arylation paper in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. is highlighted in SYNFACTS. [link]
The Liu group went for its inaugural group trip at Boston College to Castle Island. Pictures have been posted in the Gallery.
The Liu Research Group at Boston College is now open for business. Group members set up the first experiments!
Gregory's communication in Organometallics on the binding of diols to a BN cyclohexane derivative is now available online. [link]
Gregory's paper on the binding of diols to a BN cyclohexane derivative has been accepted by Organometallics as an invited contribution to the themed issue "Applications of Electrophilic Main Group Organometallic Molecules". Congrats!
Our paper on a protecting group-free synthesis of 1,2-azaborines has been accepted by J. Am. Chem. Soc. and is now available online as a Just Accepted Manuscript. Congrats to Eric, Ashley, and Andrew! [link]
• The Liu Research Group is relocating to Boston College!
• Zachary Giustra and Hyelee Lee join the Liu Group at BC. Welcome!